24 January 2008

ICE (and not the frozen kind)

Wow! Talk about Colts mania! If you come to Indy, you are pretty much surrounded by the Colts in everything from food (Steak and Shake has a blue and white shake in honor of the Colts) to building lighting (there is a building that had it's windows lit up blue in the shape of the horseshoe). Coop wanted to do something goofy to show what really happens at ICE.
I'm in Indy for a conference (Indiana Computer Educators) and have another day tomorrow full of learning. We're staying at The Canterbury, a historic 4 star hotel downtown. The nice thing is that pretty much everything down here connects to each other by way of some sky bridge or walkway or something. We really haven't had to go outside much, which is great because the temps were below zero today! BRRRRR!!
Today we went to a workshop called "I didn't know you could do that with an iPod" and walked around the exhibit hall. Tomorrow are more smaller and shorter sessions. It's been fun. I'm enjoying all the technology, and sure wish my school had unlimited funds to be able to get some of the cool stuff. There's so much out there to use with kids to make learning fun and interesting. I decided that I don't need all the "freebies" that I'm getting from the booths and decided that I would take "surprises" back to my kids. I'm on a mission to get at least 20 things by the end of the conference so that I can give each kid a special treat from my trip--geez! Does that sound like a mom, or what?! :)

No comments: