20 January 2008

Seeing Double?


I have doubled my beagle population this weekend. Jackson is here for an overnight visit while his parents take a quick trip to Indy. He makes me laugh because he's SOOOOO lazy. He pretty much has been in one position, in one location most of the time he's been here. I don't know if he's pouting and sulking or if he's normally this lethargic, but it doesn't take much to "watch" him. Lucy, on the other hand, is still pretty energetic, and loves to play. This morning it didn't matter that it was -19 degree windchill. She wanted out and decided to get stuck under the deck so that I had to come out an rescue her. Thanks girl! She did decide to cuddle up with me and the electric blanket while I read and napped...ok, more napping than reading, but whatever! What are Sunday afternoons without Sunday afternoon naps?!

Speaking of beagles, I took a couple of my students to see the family movie night at church on Friday. They were showing Underdog. I wasn't too excited about it, but I have already taken girls once, and thought I should go again. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a cute movie, with lots of funny parts. My favorite line from the movie is when Underdog saves the city from the bomb because he digs deep into the earth to bury it. When it explodes it sends him into outer space where he encounters an astronaut working outside his spaceship. The astronaut then says, "Houston, we have a beagle." :)

No comments: